Friday 10 May 2013

When you can't get to London ......... the newsleter of the London Transport Museum


Now I now that London Transport does not serve Chorlton, but it was what I grew up with and I have never quite lost my love of the old red Routemaster buses or their even more old fashioned predecessors.

Having said that while as a child I delighted on travelling on the Underground now I no longer feel as happy on the Underground.

Either way the London Transport Museum is a fascinating place to visit as is their newsletter.*

So even if you don’t fancy London there is a lot in both the publication and the online site.

Like this example of the hundreds of posters and photographs produced during its history.

This one dates from the 1950s.

Pictures; from the London Transport Museum collection




*http://uk-mg42.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sky&.rand=b6k89c92qtno6#mail



No comments:

Post a Comment