Saturday 29 August 2015

Changing Manchester ............... no 1 crossing from Knott Mill Station to the Metro

Now I haven’t been down to the new bridge that spans Whitworth Street West, but Andy Robertson has and recorded the event.

Now I liked the old bridge when it was first erected back in the 1980s but it had become tired and in need of lots of tender care.

But I suppose it was better to replace it with something new which reflected what was going on all around, and I have to say I like it.

Which just leaves me to add that Andy carried on down Deansgate so there are more pictures to come, and apologise to anyone who thinks I should of course refer to Deansgate Station but the last time I wrote about it someone pointed out that he knew it as Knott Mil which of course it what it was called and even has the sign to show it.

And just one correction which I added after the story was first posted .................. to be accurate as my old friend Neil Simpson points out "they removed all the perspex covers and refurbished the original bridge" which of course makes sense.

Picture; the new bridge over Whitworth Street West, 2015 from the collection of Andy Robertson.

No comments:

Post a Comment