Saturday, 29 August 2026

Silly things to do on Beech Road ….. greeting the morning

It’s not an original idea, and it’s something I have done before, but when you sit at the same spot every morning, you should always record the scene.


And so, as the mornings have rolled on through August, I have sat with my morning coffee and watched the changing skyline.

They were all taken between 5 and 7 am and I suppose hint at how slow my mornings can be.

From exciting to drab ….  to beautiful and stunning they are the backdrop of another day.

Most have made their way onwards to my kids, sisters and friends with that simple “Morning X”.

Those with long memories may want to suggest I am merely copying that practice of posting a cup of coffee on Facebook which was so prevelent in the early years of that social media platform. 

To which I can only respond ... at least it ain't a cat.

And that is all I have to say.

Location; Beech Road


Pictures; morning coffee in August 2026, from the collection of Andrew Simpson 


No comments:

Post a Comment