Now Manchester does its bit at hosting international events, from heaps of football matches to the Commonwealth Games and possibility the G20 annual gathering next year.
So, I wonder if there are plans to host the European Tram Driver Championship.*This year it is in Warsaw and I have been watching live
transmission of the events. It lasts
four days and judging by the pictures it is drawing big crowds.
And I have to say why not?
Most people I talk to
use our own trams and like them.
I do and prefer them
to the bus.
Not that I don’t use
the bus, I do and more so since our transport system becomes more joined up.
And the Warsaw tram network is equally neat. And so, once our Saul who lives in Warsaw alerted me to the competition I tuned in.
presenting public transport as a modern, interesting service
provider
exchanging experiences and networking for drivers and
managers
presenting transport companies as attractive employers
And lots of European cities have taken part and hosted the
event over the last 12 years.**
Either way wouldn’t it be grand if we could have a turn at
welcoming the event.
Pictures; Warsaw trams, 2026 from the collection of Andrew
Simpson, and logo and image of competitors courtesy of tramem
* Warsaw 2026, https://www.tramem.eu/
**Frankfurt, 2024, Oradea, 2023, Leipzig, Brussels 2019, Stutgart, 2018, Tnnerfife, 2016, Vienna, 2025, Budpest, 2013, Dresden, 2022



.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment