Friday 30 September 2022

When you are never far from a bit of Salford water …….

Well, I know some will murmur “all I can see is a row of houses and a busy road” but there is a lot of water across Salford, and earlier this week Andy set out to explore it.

River Irwell from Cromwell Bridge, 2022
It was an adventure borne out of necessity as he says “on Tuesday I took my car to Higher Broughton for service and MOT. Whilst waiting I did an eleven-mile wander around Salford”.

And while keeping to the stretch around Cromwell Road he came up with some smashing pictures of Salford water.

So, for those who like me delight in all things Salford, here are some of Andy’s pictures from Cromwell Bridge and beyond.

Later I will go back and look at the history of these spots Andy walked along but for now it’s just the pictures.

River Irwell from other side of Cromwell Bridge, 2022
That said someone will respond with some historical observations.









River Irwell from path just off Cromwell Road, 2022

Location; Salford







Pictures; Salford water, 2022, from the collection of Andy Robertson


No comments:

Post a Comment