Tuesday 18 March 2014

Pretty much as I left it ...... inside Central Ref five days before the grand opening

Pretty much as I left it
It has been a long time since I have been in Central Ref, and like a lot of people I am looking forward to its reopening on March 22nd.

I spent many years there in the Social Sciences Library in the early 1970s and again more recently in  Archives and Local History.

It is a grand place and I never tired of that strange way on an early evening you could pick out conversations on the other side of the dome and the way a book dropped on a table rows away landed with a heavy thump.

So with this in mind and with the help of the Press Office in the Town Hall I am going to post a series of pictures on the inside of the Ref between now and its reopening.

The first takes in that wonderful set of stained glass at the front and is pretty much how I remembered it.

And the rest are a bit of a sneak preview of things to come.

Picture; almost as I left the Ref, courtesy of the Press Office Manchester Town Hall, MWP PR100314 IB 1391

No comments:

Post a Comment