Friday 7 March 2014

Pondering on a lost shop on Well Hall Road

Now here is a question.

What shop occupied this place beside the cinema back in the 1960s?

I rather think it was a barber’s.  That said he could have been in the one next door which May have been a sweet shop.

The bus from school dropped me at the stop almost at the roundabout and I just had time to east a Mars bar on the short walk up to 294.

As for the hairdresser's I only went there the once and despite explaining what I wanted got a “short back and sides” which meant of course I never went again, preferring instead the hair salon further down the parade beside the cafe.

All gone of course, along with radio shop and the small self service grocery store.

But as I have reflected before that is the price of leaving Eltham, shops changes and I can’t remember what was there.

Picture; from the collection Jean Low

No comments:

Post a Comment