Saturday 15 December 2018

Looking out of Stretford

I wonder just how many people remember this bit of Stretford before the precinct.

I have only seen old pictures, and with a bit of luck, Bill and others will be prompted to post pre-precinct photographs.

What I like about Andy Robertson’s two pictures is that they capture this new bit of Stretford from angles most people never photograph.

Added to which, they were taken at moment when the area is undergoing fresh change.

All of which means that these with the others that he took yesterday will become part of the story of changing Stretford.

The fate of the old cinema is still shrouded in doubt, and I have lost count of the proposed uses for what is still an iconic building.

But happily the old Town Hall has been saved.

And just one of those memories comes from Gordon Howe, who told me, "My Mum worked in Stretford Post Office from approximately the mid 40s to the mid 50s, and I know that amongst my many boxes of family photos (which I have stored and will get round to sorting out and scanning one day!) there are photos taken around the building. I promise to share them when that happens!"

Location; Stretford



Pictures; Stretford, 2018, from the collection of Andy Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment