Sunday 12 February 2023

Guarding Shaw Heath ……… travels through Stockport

Now, there will be a story behind the figure on the wall but as yet I don’t know it.


But the fun of the blog is that it is open to anyone to offer an explanation, share a personal memory or provide the exact location.

Andy took the image last week on a jaunt through Stockport, supplied the caption and sent it over and I like it, reminding us all that there are stories everywhere, you just have to look.

And all of them shed a little history on where we live.

To which Wendy has posted "They were from 'Totalcar Services' mechanics who had a workshop in the mill that was there. It was their logo.

I used them for a few years. The gable of the mill crumbled one night and landed on the cars waiting outside. The mill was eventually demolished and they moved to top of Hillgate behind the Wheatsheaf pub. Luckily i changed my a or my car would've been under that pile of bricks".

Location; Shaw Heath

Picture; Guarding Shaw Heath, 2023, from the collection of Andy Robertson


1 comment:

  1. They were from 'totalcar services' mechanics who had a workshop in the mill that was there. It was their logo.
    I used them for a few years. The gable of the mill crumbled one night and landed on the cars waiting outside. The mill was eventually demolished and they moved to top of hillgate behind the wheatsheaf pub. Luckily i changed my a or my car would've been under that pile of bricks.Wendy

    ReplyDelete