Thursday 16 February 2023

When the picture is the story ....... Ashton sometime in the late 1970s.

Now I don’t actually remember when I took the picture, but it will have been around 1978 into 1980.

The construction of the municipal building in the background will be a clue.

And that is very much all I have to say.

I left Ashton in 1976 for south Manchester and get drawn back.

Today it is a very easy journey.

I jump the tram in Chorlton and change at Deansgate-Castlefield and sit back and enjoy the trip.

Location; Ashton

Picture; the market, circa 1979, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

1 comment:

  1. I bought my house onBurlinton street in late 1978 and live there for over 10 years. I remember TAC being built looking for all the world like a birthday cake complete with candles.

    ReplyDelete