Thursday 13 February 2014

On the Thames cable car in February 2014 with Chrissie Rose

© Chrissie Rose
These are scenes of Woolwich I never knew.

They were taken by my friend Chrissie from the new cable car over the Thames at Greenwich.

And for those like me who left south east London a long time ago, “the Thames cable car  is a gondola lift link across the river built by Doppelmayr with sponsorship from the airline Emirates. 

It opened on June 28 2012 and is operated by Transport for London with an average ridership of 31,601 passenger journeys a week but is used by only four regular commuters.”*

All of which makes it a must for the next time we go home.

In the meantime I shall just have to make do with these two stunning views from the cable car by Chrissie.

Who tells me that a trip on the cable car is a must, but then she doesn't know that anything above first floor and I begin to worry I will never see land again.

© Chrissie Rose
But I did work on those big flats just behind the Standard near Blackheath in the early 70s and I was expected to climb ladders and stand on top of tall buildings so we shall see.

Pictures; from the Thames cable car, Chrissie Rose, February 2014

Chrissie Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment