Sunday 15 February 2015

The bits of Victoria Baths which seldom get seen nu 1 ........... a ghost building and a window

Now like many people I have a soft spot for Victoria Baths and have followed the long campaign to restore the building.

And so here are a few of the bits of the Baths which I have never seen, and yes they are taken by Andy Robertson who continues to document so many different aspects of the history of the twin cities.

This first one intrigues me with its evidence of a ghost building.  I have no idea what it was but I guess it will be in the records of the Baths and also will be one that some people remember.

As these things go I bet it will have been nothing more romantic that an ancillary coal shed but I would like to know.

In time I will revisit Andy’s pictures exploring a little more of the Baths you seldom see.

Pictures; Victoria Baths 2015, from the collection of Andy Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment