Sunday 4 September 2016

A story from Spain ......... from Emma

Now I like the way the blog crosses countries and continents.

I first met Emma after she had sent me a postcard destined for Chorlton which never left Spain.

It had made its way to a paper factory and there hung a series of stories.

And as ever I asked Emma if she would like to add some stories and pictures, and this is the first, featuring the railway museum near where she lives.

It has to be said that her English is better than my Spanish but with the help of google translate we will there there.

Added to which just for that bit of fun it is being posted twice.  Once in English and once in what I hope is not so bad Spanish.

Well I hope so.

She commented that “the prices are usually too high but it is easy to find weird things and even if only to see the trains it's worth it to see it. 

If you only to see the museum that better not be when it's the fair because one of the trains is coffee shop and you can take something in a wagon of old style.”

And I have to say that her pictures capture perfectly the sort of railway museum I would love to visit.
Here are a selection of the locomotives and rolling stock reflecting everything from the height of luxury down to the messy and dirty end or railways.

And as someone who likes all sorts of museums it is interesting to see how other cities and countries do it.

But of course where ever you go you can be sure that there will a shop and a cafe and that if you have kids you are unlikely to escape without spending lots of money.

So over the next few weeks I will be featuring more of the pictures of the museum and I hope other photographs and stories from Emma.

Pictures; a railway museum, 2016 courtesy of Emma Gilarranz Gutierrez

No comments:

Post a Comment