Tuesday 31 October 2017

So when is tall too tall? ....... down on Owen Street

Now there is no getting away from that rising development on Owen Street.  

From lots of different location it rises from the ground like a giant Beanstalk left to grow by a young Jack.

I didn’t really comprehend the size of the thing when they started breaking the ground, and even when Andy Robertson’s became interested in its progress it still didn’t really push out the other buildings I was interested in.

But now there is no doubting just how it will dominate the sky line.

And there are others close by which will rival its height.

At which point while I am not averse to modern buildings or to tall ones, there is a sense that these giants are out step with what I am comfortable .

Location; Manchester


















Pictures; Manchester, 2017 from the collection of Andy Robertson

1 comment:

  1. That, no matter how I look at it, is one huge UGLY monstrosity. I'm sick of developers just charging ahead and trying to get 2lb of peas into a 1lb tin.

    ReplyDelete