Sunday 21 October 2018

Of things to come ....... the tram that takes you to Trafford Centre

Now I am a great fan of the tram, and will be one of the first to travel on any new route.

I was there for the opening of the last bit of the line from St Werburgh's to East Didsbury, took the long trip up to Rochdale, and happily watch out of the window as the tram passes through east Manchester.

 My preferred route through town remains the Second City Crossing, although I do also love the journey from Cornbrook via Deansgate Castlefield in to St Peter's Square.

All of which means I want to be one of those trams that takes the spur to Trafford Centre.

Andy Robertson was down by the construction of the line where it is about to join Pomona tram stop, and took a series of pictures.

I will of course now lay down the challenge for him to follow the route and record more of the construction which should be ready in 2020.

So Andy, plenty of time to take plenty of photographs.

Location; Pomona





Pictures; the new Trafford Centre spur under construction; 2018 from the collection of Andy Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment