Saturday 2 December 2023

The Lost Chorlton pictures ......... no 6. ......... across the village green

I doubt that anyone will remember the corner shop across the green when Mr Unsworth sold his meat from the place, and at present I don’t know the history of the shop from 1911 till 1969.


In that year it was J McNicholls, the hairdresser and a little under a decade later I got my haircut by Bob who ran the shop.

Sometime in the 1980s or later Bob sold up and moved to Norfolk.

Location; Chorlton

Picture; the shop, 1983, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

3 comments:

  1. There was an excellent 'haircut sir?' neon sign in the window too that was an integral part of the green to my friends and I. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Bob don't you mean? Remember the sign in the window - 'Haircut sir?'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobs lol he was a great character, his lips

    ReplyDelete