Tuesday 12 December 2023

The Amazing Magic Robot ….. the Christmas present I never got

This was one of those toys which never came my way at Christmas.

To be fair it would have competed with the Eagle Annual, additions to the big model railway that dad had made for me and those surprise presents like a Rider’s of the Range pistol or that set of boxed figures which included Dan Dare his pals and some particularly nasty enemies.

But I have to say I was fascinated  with it when we visited mum’s best friend in Kender Street.

The game belonged to her daughter Jill, who long ago my sisters and I came to see as an older sister.

Under Jill’s supervision we would ask a question from a prepared set of questions and the robot would swing to the spot on the board which offered the answer.


Reading through the online comments there are those who claim that even as young kids they sussed out that it was all to do with magnets.

Not me, I thought it was magic and still do, leading me to ponder on putting it on my Christmas list.

It is still available at a reasonable price.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment