Monday 4 December 2023

Before the tram ................ on Barlow Moor Road deciding whether to shop at the Co-op or Seymour Meads

This is the second of those images from 1966 when Seymour Meads still competed with the Co-op, with the two facing each other off on opposite side of Hardy Lane.

The age of the Corporation tram had gone and its successor was still just a dream held by a few transport enthusiasts.

Location; Chorlton

Picture; Barlow Moor Road 1966, courtesy of Manchester Libraries, Information and Archives, Manchester City Council, http://images.manchester.gov.uk/index.php?session=pass


2 comments:

  1. Ah, receiving my weekly "spends" on Saturday morning and walking up Hardy Lane to Yours to buy a quarter of pear drops. I was also sent to the hairdresser next door where because of the peer pressure and fashion of the time (for long hair) I'd ask for a "just a trim". 20 minutes later I'd walk out of the shop with a short back and sides - he knew what my mother wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 1966 I lived at Youd’s newsagents above the shop. My bedroom window was the one on the left.

    ReplyDelete