Friday 14 April 2023

On King Street …………… trying to remember

Now, it is another lesson in always adding a few notes to a picture.


In this case, I should have added the date and exactly what the building was when I wandered down King Street on a sunny summer’s day in the late 1970s.

But I didn’t, because like most of us when I took the picture, it would all have been very familiar.

But the passage of almost forty years has left me unable to date the image or say what went on in the building.

I rather think it was still a bank or may have been offices, and the sign high up on the wall recorded its history as a bank.

Since then it has been a record shop, a clothes shop and more.

Location; King Street

Picture; King Street, circa 1978, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment