Monday 12 June 2023

The lost Eltham & Woolwich pictures ...... no.6 working the river

A short series on the pictures of Eltham and Woolwich in 1978.

For four decades the pictures I took of Eltham and Woolwich in the mid ‘70’s sat undisturbed in our cellar.

But all good things eventually come to light.

They were colour slides which have been transferred electronically.

The quality of the original lighting and the sharpness is sometimes iffy, but they are a record of a lost Eltham and Woolwich.

Now the series is entitled Eltham and Woolwich but I did stray into Greenwich, and someone has pointed out that the image is Greenwich.  I can not remember, so I guess there will be a lively debate as to exactly where I was.  I hope so.

Location; Woolwich or Greenwich

Picture; Woolwich or Greenwich circa 1978, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

1 comment:

  1. By the jetty at Greenwich power station. There was a scrap yard between there & Ballast quay, where the Cutty Sark pub is located.

    ReplyDelete