Sunday 16 April 2023

Pippinhall and a detective story ....... soon to be revealed

Now this is how I like my history ........ when friends and new acquaintances come together to share their research and their interests.

In this case it is Pippinhall which I have been writing  about during the course of the week

I always thought I might go back to it, but my old friend Tricia beat me to it with the promise of much more.

Yesterday she emailed me with this.

“Irene Dudman who is a member of our Well Hall site happens to be a relative of the Grace family and her mother actually lived at Pippin Hall. 

Originally, she sent a family group photo to another Eltham site and I asked if I could share it as you had written a blog about the Grace family and it would be nice to add to the blog. 


She gave me permission to share and said she was pleased of the interest. I also sent her the link to your blog so that she could read it herself. 

Today she got back to me say she very much enjoyed reading about her family history and that her sister has researched their family tree and she is going to talk to her and find more information which she said she would pass on.

 But for now I have attached the group photo and have confirmed their identity with Irene as follows.

 Back row L-R.  William Grace bn 1912,  John Vincent Grace snr, Kitty Grace bn 1907,  John Henry Grace bn 1909,  Lucie Maud Grace nee Gower bn 1882,  Lucie Grace bn 1914.


The two children sitting in the front are Edna Edith Gower bn 1917 and Gerald Grace bn 1920.

 Edna Edith Gower is Irene's mother.

Looking forward to receiving more information on the family”.

So lots more to come.

Location; Eltham


Picture; The Grace family, circa 1920s courtesy of Irene Dudman

*Back with the Grace family at Pippenhall Farm, https://chorltonhistory.blogspot.com/2016/08/back-with-grace-family-at-pippen-hall.html

No comments:

Post a Comment