Wednesday 5 April 2023

Green or Red?……….. the pesto decision …… on this night

Now if I am honest there is no choice.


The Italian side of the family are very dismissive of red pesto, in much the same way as that discussion about pizza toppings, which consigns pineapple and other fruits to the bin without even a second thought.

But Tina was in Italy and so I  engaged in making both red and green pesto.

Each takes only minutes to make, can be stored for a while and are perfect with pasta, although Tina and her mum shudder at the use of pesto on pretty much anything else, and rail against the fashion in adding it to all sorts of dishes.

And here is the really big confession I prefer red pesto.

So tonight  I have made my favourite pesto, accompanied by some Neapolitan songs.

And then I shall sit down with the DVD of Benvenuti al Sud, eat the pasta with red pesto and be happy.

Well as happy as you can be.

Location; our kitchen

Pictures; Esselunga shopping bag, courtesy of Esselunga*, and the produce from our near by shop, 2019 from the collection of Andrew Simpson

*Esselunga, https://www.esselunga.it/cms/homepage.html/

No comments:

Post a Comment