Tuesday 28 September 2021

Pictures from a Woolwich window ........ no.1 ....... night scene

The top window of a Woolwich flat must be a pretty neat way of seeing the world below.

And when it is the same window over the space of a weekend, then you have got yourself a project.

All you need is a camera, and the patience to record from the same spot, and the rest as they say is Colin and Elizabeth’s “Pictures from a Woolwich Window”. *

Now, it has been a full thirty years since I wandered through Woolwich and even longer ago that I took a series of photographs of the area.

I know the place has changed, and bits of it have changed so much that I find myself puzzling over a location and more than once have been forced to ask for help to work out where I am.

So, when our Colin and Elizabeth told me they were going home and spending a weekend in an Airbnb off Thomas Street, I asked for pictures.

It is a short series spanning just that weekend, but over the next few days captures the Woolwich I do not know.

Location; Woolwich

Pictures; looking out across Woolwich, 2019, from the collection of  Liz and Colin Fitzpatrick

*Pictures from a Woolwich Window, https://chorltonhistory.blogspot.com/2020/09/pictures-from-woolwich-window-no1-night.html


No comments:

Post a Comment