Tuesday 20 April 2021

Glass, reflections ....... and the new build at the MRI ……..

It’s the picture we all take at sometime ….. that mix of glass and reflected buildings, which in this case is the new corridor in the sky.


I have to admit to not having been down to Outpatients for almost a year, and usually don’t take a camera.

But it was an early appointment, the sun was shining and what better way to while away a bit of time while waiting to be collected?


In the last three years I can lay claim to having been a regular visitor at three of our local hospitals, with an option on another two back at the beginning of the century.

And like so many people I am impressed with the dedication and professionalism of the staff, and the treatment I have received.

Yesterday was just a blood test, but one under Covid conditions. There were fewer people, dedicated and sign posted routes, and more staff ensuring I got to where I needed to be.


The procedure was quick leaving me more time than I bargained, but  the sun was out, the sky was blue and all around me the NHS just got with the business of caring for people.

And that is it.  I pondered on writing about the National Health Service, and the history of the MRI, but some of that I have already done.

So it’s just sun, blue sky and a new building.

Location; Grafton Street



Pictures; The MRI, 2021, from the collection of Andrew Simpson


1 comment:

  1. Amazing crinklecut bridge. Better than having to wander through the traffic in your jimjams and bandages.

    ReplyDelete