Tuesday 24 January 2023

Art on the street …….. the Northern Quarter

They come in many different sizes, styles and artistic quality, but the artwork across the Northern Quarter adds to the “quirky” nature of the place.


Now I know that there are heaps of towns and cities all over the place where you can see street “art” ranging from Sidney’s spray can efforts, to commissioned works which jostle for attention with the odd fading ghost sign.


And just before New Year I came across some that I liked, and which did indeed brighten up that drab spot dominated by the multi storey car park on Tib Street.

I could say more but I think that is about it.






Location; Tib Street

Pictures; Art on the street, The Northern Quarter, 2022, from the collection of Andrew Simpson


No comments:

Post a Comment