Friday 25 November 2022

Walking the Rochdale ........ 1979

Now I had pretty much decided that I had imagined the two sunken barges on the Rochdale Canal.

I knew I had taken pictures of them but long ago lost the prints and the negatives were old technology which, without smelly chemicals, a dark room and an enlarger was lost to me.

Various friends over the last few years confirmed my memories and even offered up their own pictures but I wanted my own.

And with Christmas came the present which scans the old negatives, and now I can once more walk along the canal at a point in its history, after it had been saved, but not before it had been gentrified.

So here are two of the lost photographs and looking at them again I am amazed I ever safely made it down the tow path.

Location; the Rochdale Canal




















Pictures; the Rochdale Canal, 1979 from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment