Wednesday 14 August 2019

Happy street furniture ………….. August on Wilbraham Road

An occasional series on bits of street furniture.



Now usually the series offers up stories of coal hole covers, old lamp posts and neglected water troughs, drainage grids and redundant street signs, but today here is something different.

I came across it on Wilbraham Road while I was at the bus stop and advertises the clothes shop called Rainbow.

On cold indifferent days I always get a smile when I see the three happy mannequins in the window.

One day I will go inside, if only to say thank you for those mannequins, whose clothes change with the season, and add to my well being as I  wait for the 86, loaded down with shopping.

Location; Chorlton














Pictures; Retail Happiness, 2019 and 2015, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment