Thursday 22 August 2019

On Didsbury Road .......... walking through Heaton Mersey

Now this is a confession which is bound to enrage all those who live in Heaton Mersey but it is a place I have only rarely seen on the bus from Chorlton to Stockport.

And judging by Andy Robertson’s new series I am the loser.

He set off from the metro stop at East Didsbury and made his way up Parrs Wood Lane and on to Didsbury Road.

Like him I have had the odd pint in the Griffin but that is about it.

But there is a rich history here which I shall with the help of his pictures and friends explore in more detail like the one below which Andy told me, “I only found this building's history after I had got home. It was the old 
Police Station before Heaton Mersey became a part of Stockport in 1913. The last Police Officers left here in 1961.”

Pictures; on Didsbury Road, 2015 walking through Heaton Mersey from the collection of Andy Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment