Tuesday 26 September 2023

Looking out from the churchyard........... home thoughts from abroad nu 1

There are many things I miss about Eltham.

Uppermost of course are the family who while they may have moved a way for a while have always come back.

And then thinking about it there are some special places which meant a lot to me when I was growing up in Well Hall and still do but for slightly different reasons.

All of which is the start of an occasional new series featuring bits of the Eltham I like.

They are in no special order and were prompted by a set of pictures taken by our Elizabeth and Colin.

I had asked if they could take a few next time they were passing through the High Street and with a fine day yesterday that is what they did.

So here we are in the churchyard looking out towards the High Street.

It is a long time since I was last there but the memories of walking through the place are still very vivid, more so because here lay many of the people I have written about over the last few years.

And that is all I want to say.

Picture; in the churchyard, October 2015 from the collection of Elizabeth and Colin Fitzpatrick

No comments:

Post a Comment