Monday 25 April 2022

The lost Eltham & Woolwich pictures ...... no. 38 ..... down a narrow Greenwich street

Not Eltham or Woolwich but part of the same series ..... have camera will travel, which I will leave up to older readers to recognise as an adaption from an American TV show.


For four decades it was one of the pictures I took of Eltham and Woolwich in the mid ‘70’s which sat undisturbed in our cellar.

But all good things eventually come to light.

They were colour slides which have been transferred electronically.

The quality of the original lighting and the sharpness is sometimes iffy, but they are a record of a lost Eltham and Woolwich and in this case Greenwich.

And I have Gary Luttman to thank for identifying the street.  Back then I never noted where I was photographing, wrongly assuming that a] I would be back and b] I would always remember, but over 40 years later both assumptions have not played out.

Location; Greenwich

Picture; Crane Street, Greenwich circa 1979, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment