Tuesday 22 February 2022

What Andy saw at Clayton Bridge

Now I like Andy‘s picture of the Railway which is on Berry Brow at Clayton Bridge.


It is a pub I never visited, but I bet there will be someone who can offer up happy stories of the place.

I came across one advert offering it for sale which describes the property but has no mention of its history.*

In the fulness of time I will go looking to see if there are any requests for planning permission and see if I can find it in the rate books and track back to a date when it was built.

But then someone might be able to help.

Location; Berry Brow, Clayton Bridge








Pictures; The Railway, 2022, from the collection of Andy Robertson

*The Railway, https://assets.savills.com/properties/FB8D486B-ABAB-4A39-A495-BA3D20F71D46/8389428%20-%20Railway,%20Manchester.pdf




1 comment:

  1. Was a top top boozer real part of the community. Such a shame it’s gone. Generations of families drank in there. A real proper local.

    ReplyDelete