Monday 18 April 2022

A little bit of Didsbury amongst the flowers ………..

Now modesty prevents me from saying too much about Didsbury Through Time.

It was the second of my books and the first I wrote with Peter Topping.

It was published in 2013, and since then I have added another two titles to the list and Peter, and I have done another 7 with more in the pipeline.

Didsbury Through Time followed that popular format of 90 old and 90 new pictures of Didsbury, with the added twist that we included some of Peter’s paintings, and I told the stories of people who lived behind the doors of the houses we featured.*

So, an unusual “popular format”, and one that proved very successful, which I guess is why nine years after it first came out it is one of the books in the shop at the RHS Garden Bridgewater in Worsely.

I can’t claim responsibility for the picture …… that was our Ben and Lindsey who spotted it on a day out at the Gardens.

That said overpowering self-promotion led me to post it.

Enough said.

Location; the shop at the RHS Garden Bridgewater in Worsely

Picture; a little bit of Didsbury amongst the flowers, 2022, from the collection of Benjamin James Robert

*A new book for Didsbury, https://chorltonhistory.blogspot.com/search/label/A%20new%20book%20for%20Didsbury


No comments:

Post a Comment