Wednesday 13 April 2022

The Happy Shop on Wilbraham Road

Now, Rainbow on Wilbraham Road always cheers me up as I wait for a bus outside the shop.

And it is that shop window, and its three mannequins which contribute to my happiness.

Over the years the three of them may have adopted different clothes, but always they look out at you with those cheerful expressions.

Across the seasons I have regularly snapped the window display, come autumn, winter spring and summer.

And so here is the latest, taken on a coolish but sunny day in the run up to Easter.

I haven’t asked their permission, but I am sure the three won’t mind.

Nor have I done the research to find out which businesses have occupied the building during the last century and a bit.

But I know someone will.

Location; Wilbraham Road


Picture; The Happy Shop on Wilbraham Road, 2022, from the collection of Andrew Simpson


No comments:

Post a Comment