Sunday 26 November 2023

Lunch time at the Lloyds …..

The Lloyd’s is one of those big pubs with heaps of history and a popular venue.

And on Friday there were the happy regulars who told me that they were “always here” and pointed to a picture of the Lloyd’s Three by the bar.

Added to these there was a family who had popped in for a quick half an hour before heading off on a journey with a suitcase, the woman with her phone and the man with his pint.

And as I snapped away, they were joined by a party on a late lunch meet up, bumped into Alan and watched as couples fell into the pub for a lazy drink and chat.


Location; The Lloyds











Pictures;  Lunch time at the Lloyds, 2023, from the collection of Andrew Simpson


4 comments:

  1. Wasn't it renamed 'Edwards' about 20 odd years ago?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Briefly ... the same same brilliant ad strategy that for a while changed the name of the Oxnoble pub to the Ox although Oxnoble is a potato and thought that Snicker was better than Marathon

      Delete
    2. I thought so! Lloyd's was a bit of a rundown pub in 2001 when I first visited.

      Delete
  2. My local when I lived on York Road. Many friends met there, including my husband x

    ReplyDelete