Sunday 30 November 2014

Pubs I have yet to visit ......... the Inn at Keswick

Now I have never visited the Inn at Keswick but I am guessing it has a history.

And in time I rather think I will go looking for what there is to know about the place.

In the meantime it is one of those pubs/hotels which caught the eye of local artist Peter Topping and as I have featured many of his paintings I decided this one should be included.

Of course if there is anyone who can tell me more I shall be happy to include their stories.

And as soon as I wrote this, Peter came back with it was "originally an eighteenth century coaching house called the Keswick Lodge and gained a highly commended accolade in Britain's Best Pub Cooked Breakfast 2009"

And armed with that I am sure thre will be more.

Painting; the Inn at Keswick,  © 2014 Peter Topping, Paintings from Pictures,
Web: www.paintingsfrompictures.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment