The caption reads, “the footbridge over the stream at Brook Road entrance to the meadows.
From this bridge there was a diagonal path across Boat Meadow to Jackson’s footbridge which was part of the normal path from the green to the pub by the Mersey.”
It is dated 1910.
The picture is a perfect reminder that the area was farmed as meadow land which involved regularly flooding the land from a series of irrigation ditches.
Picture; from the Lloyd collection