Thursday 5 January 2017

A day on Dane Road in Sale

Now I am fairly confident that as soon as Andy’s picture of the Bridge Inn goes live on the blog someone will offer up a detailed history of the pub and more than a few interesting stories.

And while I won’t put him on the spot I bet my friend Bill will be one of the contributors, which instead just leaves me to concentrate on the image.

Andy sent it over a few days ago with a New Year greeting and the comment that he took the picture on his way home from work.

I did go looking on the OS for 1870 which shows a collection of buildings on the site but alas I have no directories for the area and so will wait comments.

Location; Sale

Picture; the Bridge Inn, Dane Road, Sale, 2017 from the collection of Andy Robertson

1 comment:

  1. My Mum & Dad were tenants at the Bridge when I was young so I lived there for some time :-)

    ReplyDelete