Sunday 4 November 2018

No more will I catch the 4.10 to Ashton from Victoria

I am the first to admit this isn’t one of the best from the Lost Manchester Collection.

To be fair I always found developing old black and white film a bit hit and miss, and this one is more a miss than a hit.

All of which I can see why I never turned it into a print.

But the Christmas scanner present has at least allowed it to come out into the daylight again.

We are in Victoria Railway Station and for three years it was my preferred way of getting home to Ashton.

It was quicker than the bus although it did involve a walk down from Piccadilly and that alone made it easier to go for the 218 from the bus station.

Still those days have gone and now Victoria has had a makeover and invited the tram to join the trains.

Location; Victoria Railway Station

Picture; Victoria Railway Station

*The Lost Manchester Collection, https://chorltonhistory.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/The%20lost%20Manchester%20Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment