Wednesday 15 May 2019

Pictures from the Quays ........ where did it all come from?

An occasional series looking at bits of the Quays, we miss or ignore.

Now I grant you that this picture might not make it into the promotional literature for Salford Quays but I am fascinated by the floating gunk.


It will of course be cleared away but in the meantime it throws up a little mystery which is how all those yellowy round things which are squashes got there.

Once when the docks were full of merchant ships I could see how a box or boxes might fall into the water while being unloaded and finally come to rest in this corner.

But I can’t fathom out how these ones got there.

Were they thrown in by someone who had bought too many or have they made their way along the Ship Canal from some other place?

Someone will know I am sure.

Location; Salford

Picture; looking into the water, August 2017 from the collection of Andrew Simpson

1 comment: