Tuesday 14 May 2019

Looking for better days …………… the Junction Hotel

Now, I never ever went in the Junction, which was only because it was never on my social circuit.

But I know plenty of people who did, and it remains one of those buildings Andy Robertson keeps returning to.

He was last there, in the summer of 2018, and it remains closed.

I know I should check out any development plans on the City Council’s Planning Portal, but for today I shall just refer you back to an earlier story*

 The Grand Junction which my copy of The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester, informs me was first licensed in 1846, although it was intended as a pub the year before.*

Location; Hulme

Picture; the Junction, 2019, from the collection of Andy Robertson

*Up the Junction with those brooding Owen Street Towers, https://chorltonhistory.blogspot.com/2018/10/up-junction-with-those-brooding-owen.html

** Potts, Bob, The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester, 1983

No comments:

Post a Comment