Friday 27 September 2019

50 years of Brookburn Primary School ………………… what do you remember?

Now, whatever our own school days were like, the chances are we remember with fondness those of our kids.



In my case that was Brookburn School, where three of our four attended from the late 1980s through to the beginning of this century.

These were the years Mr. Clegg was head, and our family played their part on the governing body, helping at the school fair and at Saturday football, making the drinks and distributing the biscuits.

So, I was pleased to receive this poster, which I instantly decided, had to become a blog story, along with the trailer of the event in November.

And somewhere we may even have one last remnant of uniform, be it the red jumper, or the white polo shirt, along with the plastic reading bag and some reports.

These may or may not be of use, but I bet the memories of our Ben, Josh and Saul will be, as will be their friends and many others who passed through during that half century.

3 comments:

  1. Ms Mycock was the first head, Mr Clegg was my teacher and a top bloke, Ms Mycock did not appear to be very fond of kids in my memory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr clegg was head when I was there in the 90s. He made sure I could play the steel pans. Gave me a lift to school when I needed it most. I'm 33 now but I will never forget that man.

      Delete