Thursday 4 January 2024

All you wanted to know about the Progress Estate and heaps more

Now I am re-reading my copy of the new book on the Progress Estate, which is only as it should be.

We moved into our house on Well Hall Road in 1964 and dad was still there a full three decades later.

Back in the 1960s and pretty much until recently I only gave the history of the estate a nod.  I told everyone why it had been built and was proud of the open spaces, and unique buildings, but that was about it.

And when I did start looking into the history of the estate and in particular our house it was done the hard way, piecing together a shed load of research.

So how much better would it have been had I had Mr Billinghurst’s book which has just been published.

The cover price of £13.95 includes free delivery by second-class mail to addresses in the UK. However, each household on the Estate may buy one copy for £10 and people living elsewhere in SE9 may do so for £12.

To order, either write to theprogressestate@gmail.com
stating your name, address and phone number or call or text 07962 877389 to provide the same information.

And that is pretty much that.  As I said I spoke to Keith this morning and put in the order, so hurry while stocks last.

Location; Well Hall, Eltham

Picture; cover The Origins and Evolution of the Progress Estate

*The Origins and Evolution of the Progress Estate, Keith Billinghurst, 2017

**Progress Estate Residents' Association, http://progressestate.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment