Sunday 17 January 2021

Walking the Rochdale …… on a January day

The Rochdale Canal has been one of my favourite bits of waterway for over 40 years.


And here I should be more specific and say it is the stretch from the Dale Street Basin through the heart of the city to Castlefield.

 I first discovered it in the 1970s, and it is  place that has been a backdrop for a series of photo shoots, somewhere to bring friends and family, and once the scene of several school projects where I introduced groups of Year nine history students to a bit of Manchester’s industrial past.

 And a few days ago my old friend Andy Robertson  wandered along and photographed the canal as it looks to day.

 


Some of these images I posted with ones I took back in 1979, and today I am rounding off a look at the canal with a few more from Andy.

 The canal today is very different from the one I remember.

 


Location; he Rochdale Canal in Manchester








Pictures; the Rochdale Canal in Manchester, 2021, from the collection of Andy Robertson 

No comments:

Post a Comment