Wednesday 3 November 2021

Always look at the adverts ……. street furniture

Now, I know it’s not an original idea, but there is a lot to be said for just gazing at the adverts which adorn our shop windows, big hoardings and the electrical ones that change every few minutes.


Some can be playful while others are as memorable as any bit of art, but all so often we just pass them by without a second glance.

And with the passing of the decades, they become a historical comment on the styles, products, and attitudes of the time they were made.

I like them because they are part of the street furniture we take for granted.

So here are just a few, taken on a very wet October morning along Cathedral Walk.

It was still early and while it was a weekday, I guess the time and the weather secured the fact that I was pretty much on my own.


Location; Manchester











Pictures; adverts on Cathedral Walk, 20021, from the collection of Andrew Simpson


No comments:

Post a Comment