Wednesday 24 November 2021

Clocking a new view of Oxford Road ……….

It won’t take long before this view looking towards Oxford Road is accepted as the norm, but of course it is no more than a handful of months old.


Before that this was the former BBC building which opened in 1975 and replaced a network of streets and houses that stretched back from Oxford Road to the River Medlock and from Charles Street down to Great Street. In all there were fourteen streets including Pritchard Street, Hesketh, Leigh and Saville Streets and along with the houses there had been a school and a pub.

Location; Manchester

Pictures, the view to Oxford Road, 2021, from the collection of Andy Robertson

1 comment:

  1. I have lost the Manchester I loved and knew so well. I was last over in 2003 and it had changed immensely since I was last there in 1989. As I say I wouldn't know my home town any more.

    ReplyDelete