Wednesday 4 October 2023

Watching the trains pass ……… leaving for Crewe

It will have been sometime time in the early 1980s and perhaps even earlier.


Armed with two new cameras and a lot of spare time I wandered from the different city centre railway stations, snapping whatever took my fancy.

Now there will be people who can tell me exactly what unit is pulling out of Piccadilly Railway Station, and no doubt the time of day.

And then there will be others who question the significance of the picture, to which I will reply, that there is nothing special about it other than that this was what I saw 40 odd years ago.

Location; Piccadilly Railway Station

Picture; Leaving for Crewe, circa 1980, from the collection of Piccadilly Railway Station, from the collection of Andrew Simpson


No comments:

Post a Comment