Sunday 2 January 2022

Gaze upon the Talbot Mill …… it may not be the same soon

This is the Talbot Mill on Ellesmere Street which runs parallel to Chester Road.


It’s history I have yet to explore, but I know it was there by 1894 and will just take a bit of time to search back and find its story.

Although someone has already written about the site and the Mill and never one to steal other's research I shall just direct you to follow the link*

As for now it looks to be in need of some tender care and attention.

All around its neighbors have vanished to be replaced by new residential properties.

And there are clues that it will soon be going through a transformation, because some of the blocked-up windows carry the message “Loft Apartments Coming Talbot”, so I guess this will be its future.


That said I can’t find any reference to a planning application on the City’s planning portal, but I may just have missed it.

But nature and developers abhor a vacuum so something will be happening sooner rather than later.

All of which just leaves me with Andy’s pictures which he took a few days ago.




Location; Hulme


Pictures; the Talbot Mill, 2021, from the collection of Andy Robertson


*Talbot The Story, https://talbotmcr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment