Monday 17 January 2022

Stories with a camera in Deal ….. on a day in April ……… part 5

Somewhere there will be a book which records all those bits of seaside architecture the rest of us take for granted.

Now, I bet there are plenty of images of the iconic buildings from Blackpool Tower to a host of 19th and early twentieth century cast iron piers.

But I wonder how many of those mid twentieth century seaside structures make it into the books.  I doubt many do. 

And if they are photographed hey will be in the form of a holiday snap or one destined for the official tourist guide.

So here is the one in Deal taken by our Liz and Colin earlier in the month.

I don’t have a date, or a name, but someone will, and I hope they make a comment.

In the meantime, I think it is a wonderful example of its type.

Location; Deal

Picture; Deal, 2019, from the collection of Liz and Colin Fitzpatrick




No comments:

Post a Comment