Friday 5 May 2023

The man .... the canal ..... and a promise of Mexico

There I was on Whitworth Street West, with Deansgate Locks behind me, the Rochdale Canal below and the man with the promise of Mexican Street food at his fingertips.


And that is about it.

I could wander off on one and write about the canal in the 1970s, its history going back through the 19th century and its restoration.

I could but that would also have to bring in the transformation of a set of railway arches into that strip of bars, and restaurants which are Deansgate Locks.

So I won't.  They can all be found here on the blog.

Instead I shall just say the chap and his menu of Mexican Street Food served in el diablo caught my eye and that was it.



Location; Whitworth Street West


Picture; Man with food, 2023, from the collection of Andrew Simpson

*el diablo Tequila and Taco Bar, https://www.eldiablobars.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment