Wednesday 30 August 2023

One museum …. a posh walk …. and the picture I never took

Well actually it was a series of pictures, of which New Walk and the entrance to your museum were two of them.


What is worse is that I thought I had, so as part of the continuing contribution to stories from a tourist in Leicester, here is the museum in 1926 from a series produced by Tuck and Sin in 1926.

Eric of Knighton will sniffly comment that “it don’t look much different” and that is the point.

That said I bet it wasn’t as exciting inside in 1926 as it is today.

We only had half an hour to spend there but it was fun.

Leaving me just to fall back on an image of the entrance from Google maps, which replaces the one I would have taken.

Location; New Walk, Leicester




Picture;  The Museum, Leicester, 1926, from Tuck and Sons, courtesy of Tuck DB, https://tuckdbpostcards.org/  and in 2018 courtesy of Google Maps


No comments:

Post a Comment